District Endodontics Safety Precautions during the COVID-19 Pandemic
At District Endodontics we have always made patient safety a top priority by adhering to the sanitation and infection control guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). During these unprecedented times, our office has implemented additional guidelines to help ensure your safety and prevent the spread of Covid19.
- All patients will fill out a screening questionnaire during registration. If you have any symptoms including, but not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Your temperature will be checked upon arrival. If you are above 99.6 F, your appointment will be rescheduled. All staff temperatures will also be taken daily.
- We will be adjusting appointment times and lengths in order to minimize patient interaction in the waiting room.
- Please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary (i.e. guardian, translator). If you require an additional companion, they will be asked to wait in the building lobby.
- All treatment patients will be asked to rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide solution for 30 seconds prior to starting treatment
- All patients and staff must wear a mask in office common areas. You will also notice a sneeze guard barrier placed at the front desk.
- Finally, we have removed all paper reading materials from the waiting area to prevent any cross contamination.
Furthermore, our facility has undergone some additional upgrades for enhanced safety measures:
- Prior to your appointment will receive ta link to complete patient registration online. Please make every effort to do so. However, If you choose to complete your paperwork in the office, an iPad that is sanitized after every patient will be provided to you.
- In order to minimize the use of paper and cross contamination, prescriptions and treatment reports will be transmitted electronically.
- Our office is now equipped with Medify Air Purifier
- H13 HEPA filter tested to remove 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns
- Catches pollen and other tiny airborne particles you can’t see
- Air is turned over every 4-5 minutes
- ULV (Ultra Low Volume) cold Fogging sanitation in clinical areas
- This Aerosol cleaner is an eco-friendly, non-toxic solution designed to help provide additional sanitation. Formulated with 3 ingredients – salt, water, and electricity – to form hypochlorous acid
We know that some of these changes might be inconvenient for you. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unusual circumstances as we try to help keep everyone in the office safe and healthy.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 202-847-3288. We look forward to seeing you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: